About the Workshop
The Ocean Protection Council, together with the Ocean Science Trust, will host a public workshop in Sacramento on July 29 to highlight the West Coast Ocean Acidification and Hypoxia Science Panel’s work and emerging messages, and explore opportunities to consider their findings in ocean and coastal management and policy in California and beyond.
State Secretary of Natural Resources, John Laird, will introduce the workshop – highlighting California’s investment in a healthy ocean. The 1.5 hour workshop will cover the following:
- The latest scientific products from the Panel and the breadth of their work
- How the Panel’s findings can be applied to resource management and policy
- Additional opportunities for science-informed action
- John Laird — Secretary, California Natural Resources Agency
- Catherine Kuhlman — Deputy Secretary for Ocean and Coastal Policy, California Natural Resources Agency; and Executive Director, California Ocean Protection Council
- Skyli McAfee — Panel Convener, Director for North American Oceans and Coasts, The Nature Conservancy
- Alexandria Boehm — Associate Professor, Stanford University, and OAH Panel Co-Chair
- Liz Whiteman (moderator) — Interim Executive Director, California Ocean Science Trust; and OAH Panel Member
The public is invited to attend the workshop which will be followed by the public meeting of the Ocean Protection Council at 1:00 pm (PST). For more information on the workshop, see the agenda.
What: The West Coast Ocean Acidification and Hypoxia Science Panel: An Investment in a Healthy Ocean for California Public Workshop
Who: Hosted by the Ocean Protection Council and Ocean Science Trust
When: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 10:00 to 11:30 AM
Where: California Environmental Protection Agency, Klamath Training Room 1001 I Street Sacramento, CA 95812Full Announcement