CeNCOOS members come from many sectors, including tribal, regional, state and federal government agencies, non-profit organizations, academic and research organizations, and industry or for-profit corporations.
The CeNCOOS network depends on the contributions of our many observing partners that help us provide marine information that is relevant to regional stakeholders. Our network includes more than 60 member organizations throughout central and northern California — the region extending from Point Conception north to the California-Oregon border.
CeNCOOS works because of the commitment of our members to sustain observations, collect and share high-quality data, produce user-driven products and tools, and collaborate to ensure system coordination and efficiency.
There is no fee to become a CeNCOOS member but there are many benefits.
CeNCOOS Membership provides a framework for collaboration among the many ocean observing entities in Central and Northern California. CeNCOOS members reinforce a shared commitment to maintain, monitor, and protect long-term sustainability and health of marine and estuarine ecosystems, their habitats, functions, services and abundant resources. CeNCOOS members engage in a bi-lateral partnership with CeNCOOS to jointly deliver the information solutions needed by the Central and Northern California ocean users.
There are a number of benefits of CeNCOOS membership including:
- Dissemination and leveraging of your monitoring or observing data through the CeNCOOS data portal;
- Increased public and professional awareness of your activities and programs and broader impacts by sharing your data more widely through targeted outreach and communications support;
- Networking with key experts, decision-makers and other stakeholders;
- Eligibility for election to the Governing Council, lead Committees, and influence the selection of new or evolved work.
- Alliance for Coastal Technologies (ACT)
- California Coastal Commission
- California Coastal Conservancy
- California Coastkeeper
- California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations (CalCOFI)
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- California Marine Sanctuary Foundation
- California Ocean Science Trust
- California Polytechnic State University (CalPoly)
- California State University – Council on Ocean Affairs Science and Tech (COAST)
- California State University East Bay (CSUEB)
- California State University Maritime Academy
- California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB)
- California State University, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML)
- Coastal Data Information Program (CDIP)
- Central Coast Long-term Environmental Assessment Network (CCLEAN)
- Central Coast Waterboard
- Coast Seafoods, Inc.
- CODAR Ocean Sensors
- Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary(CBNMS)
- DeepWater Desal LLC
- Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve (ESNERR)
- Farallon Institute for Advanced Ecosystem Research
- Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary
- F/V Huli Cat
- Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District
- Humboldt State University (HSU)
- Integral Consulting Inc.
- Liquid Robotics
- Marine Science and Engineering Institute
- Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay Region
- Matt Binder
- Monterey Abalone Company
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (MBA)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Monterey Peninsula College, Marine Advanced Technology Education (MPC/MATE)
- National Marine Fisheries Service, Southwest Fisheries Science Center (NMFS/SWFSC)
- National Weather Service Monterey
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Naval Postgraduate School (NPS)
- NOAA Environmental Research Division (NOAA ERD)
- Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen’s Association (PCFFA)
- Partnership for Interdisciplinary Studies of Coastal Oceans (PISCO)
- Point Reyes Bird Observatory (PRBO)
- Point Reyes National Seashore
- Protean Wave Energy, Inc.
- Reef Check California
- San Francisco Bar Pilots
- San Francisco Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (SFNERR)
- San Francisco Estuary Institute (SFEI)
- San Francisco Exploratorium
- San Francisco State University, Romberg Tiburon Center (SFSU/RTC)
- Santa Cruz County Environmental Health Services (SC County EHS)
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- SOLITON Ocean Services, Inc.
- Sonoma State University
- Tagging of Pacific Pelagics (TOPP)
- Tesoro Corporation
- Turner Designs
- University of California, Davis (UCD)
- University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC)
- Vancouver Aquarium Pacific Ocean Shelf Tracking (POST) Program