The CeNCOOS Data Portal is an interface for accessing the CeNCOOS database. Currently included are over 100 platforms (buoys, pier stations, weather stations, HF Radar stations and webcams) collecting data throughout the CeNCOOS region. This map based data viewer allows you to view station info, display data in tables, graphs or download files.
Click here to access the CeNCOOS Data Portal
Please contact us with comments/questions on the data portal.
Direct Database Access
Access data not yet available on the data portal at the links below:
- CeNCOOS HF Radar Surface Currents products data files (from Cencal Currents Program)
- Data is availabile from 2007 to present for the overview map (CENT) and Monterey Bay areas, from 2008 in Bodega Bay and Ano Nuevo areas, and from 2009 for the San Francisco Bay areas.
- Select the 'Totals' folder then choose the station and date of interest. Select the file of interest formatted as either a text, shape or matlab file.
- CORDC THREDDS server with data files used in the surface current Google map interface
- Data is available in OPeNDAP, NetCDF and other formats for the last two years. For data prior to 2006 in ASCII format, please contact Lisa Hazard (email@example.com) at SIO
- Today's Google Earth surface current map (kml file)
- OPeNDAP files (including most recent ASCII file) of Monterey Bay deployments measuring water temperature, salinity and chlorophyll fluorescence. Most recent NetCDF glider track data with T,S, and Fluorescence data
- CeNCOOS THREDDS Catalog with Glider and Model Data
- MBARI Moorings MO, M1 and M2 (2004-present): NetCDF files
Long-Term Shore Station data available through Scripps Shore Station program
- Big Sur Granite Canyon (CDFG)) 1971-present: Temp | Salinity
- Pacific Grove (Hopkins/Stanford) 1919-present: Temp
- Farallon Islands (PRBO) 1925-1943, 1955-present: Temp | Salinity
- Trinidad (HSU) 1971-present: Beach Temp | Beach Salinity | Bay Temp
- Moss Landing (MLML) 2004-present: Temp, Salinity, Pressure, Turbidity and Chlorophyll fluorescence
Data Collected by Research Vessels
- Underway Systems
- Moss Landing Marine Labs (MLML): Temp, Salinity, Pressure, Turbidity and Chlorophyll fluorescence
- Ship Transects and Stations
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI): 1997-present Monterey Bay and beyond (CalCOFI Line 67) (temp, salinity, chlorophyll, nutrients, transmissivity)
- NOAA CoastWatch ERDDAP (sea surface temperature, cholorophyll, surface currents or winds since 1998, as collected by MODIS, AVHRR, GOES, SeaWiFS, FNMOC satellites)
- CeNCOOS displays of satellite images: archived SST and archived chlorophyll in California (two webpages with 8-day average images for each day since April 12, 2010 from POES AVHRR and MODIS AQUA satellites)
Ocean Model Data